We are kicking off our book club with a video from Regie Routman, author of the text we will be reading and responding to together: Literacy Essentials: Engagement, Excellent, and Equity for All Learners (Stenhouse, 2018).
Next are titles for upcoming posts here related to Regie’s excellent resource.
- How can we create a community of readers?
- Why celebrating with our students is worth it
- Agency in the Classroom
- Inviting students into learning: Literacy-rich learning spaces
- Expert Teaching through Frontloading
- How can reading conferences work in math?
This online book study is open to all educators. We encourage readers to respond in the comments to posts and create a conversation around this professional learning.
Recommended Additional Resource: Angela Watson: A Conversation with Regie Routman